Apple has released its second update to its Yosemite operating system, version 10.10.2. The update can be downloaded through the Software Update section of the Mac App Store.
The following release notes were included:
– Resolves an issue that may cause Wi-Fi to disconnect
– Resolves an issue that may cause web pages to load slowly
– Fixes an issue that caused Spotlight to load remote email content when the preference was disabled in Mail
– Improves audio and video sync when using Bluetooth headphones
– Adds the ability to browse iCloud Drive in Time Machine
– Improves VoiceOver speech performance
– Resolves an issue that causes VoiceOver to echo characters when entering text on a web page
– Addresses an issue that may cause the input method to switch languages unexpectedly
– Improves stability and security in Safari
The release notes indicate that this update solves some of the long standing Wi-Fi issues that users have been experiencing. This update also includes Safari 8.0.3 which is also available as a standalone update for Mavericks (7.1.3) and Mountain Lion (6.2.3).