In todays modern battery powered mobile world it is very inconvenient to be caught out of charge. Usually when you first get your device it never seems to be an issue but as your device ages the battery never seems to last as long. I have 3 mobile devices and decided it was a good time to buy a mobile battery pack. The first one I bought was mostly dead after one charge of my iPhone 6 Plus. It was time to look for a larger capacity and thats when I found the Anker PowerCore 20100 Ultra High Capacity Portable Battery. I’d bought other Anker products and been really impressed at the quality and thoughtfulness in their design. A list of other Anker products I’d recommend can be found at the bottom of the post.
- Anker in general has some great technology and this product is no different, below are the tech specs from Anker:
- Ultra-High Capacity: It can charge the iPhone 6 seven times, the Galaxy S6 five times or the iPad mini twice. Recharges in 10 hours with a 2 amp charger, phone chargers (generally 1 amp) may take up to 20 hours.
- Fast Charging Technology: The trademarked PowerIQ and VoltageBoost technologies combine to deliver the fastest possible charge up to 2.4 amps per port or 4.8 amps overall. Input: 5V / 2A.
- PowerIQ: Discovers and replicates the charging protocol of the device’s original charger.
- PowerIQ: Device safely accepts its fastest possible charge speed.
- VoltageBoost: Detects the cable resistance and adjusts current accordingly to provide the fastest, most steady charge, whatever cable you use.
- Certified Safe: Anker's MultiProtect safety system ensures complete protection for you and your devices.
- Short Circuit Protection
- Temperature Control
- Output Voltage Surge Protection
- Output Current Stabilizer
- Power Overload Recovery
- Battery Cell Protection
- Auto Shut-off Sleep Mode
- Input Voltage Surge Protection
- Output Current Limiter
- Low Voltage Protection
Other Good Stuff
Anker has a superb warranty, a whole 18 months which shows faith in their products. The device also come with a micro USB charging cable and a travel pouch. The pouch is a nice idea to keep your device safe and looking good.
Note: All other cables needed to charge your devices are sold separately. I’d recommend the lightning/micro USB hot swap Spigen cables.
My PowerCore goes everywhere with my in my bag, it doesn’t take up much room and I don’t notice additional weight. I’ve used it in many different situations but some key ones have been on a transatlantic flight to top up my devices prior to landing. I’ve used it in coffee shops and even at the top of a mountain to keep charge on my mobile phone. The device is rugged, versatile and highly mobile thats to its high capacity.
In summary, if you are looking for or considering a mobile power solution then I would highly recommend the Anker PowerCore.
Other Anker products I own and I’d recommend include: