Do you share your location with your friends, family or spouse? Well here is a little trick that you can use to name frequent locations such as 'Home' or 'Work' so that you can quickly see from notification centre where your contacts are with friendly names.
Here are the simple steps to follow:
- If you haven't already, install Find My Friends app from the App Store it's a free app. Many people don't know this exists as it's possible to share your location without it.
- Open the Find My Friends app and tap on the contact who's locations you want to name. Note: They need to be in one of these locations to change its name.
- You should be looking at a map screen showing your contacts location. Along the top bar, blow their name, should be three menu options. Tap 'More'.
- It should show an address just below the map with a little piece of orange text just above, tap that and a menu will appear with a list of location names such as 'Home', 'Work' or 'Custom'. Make your choice based on the label you want to add.
- Go back to your phone home screen and swipe down from the top of the screen to bring up the 'Today' and 'Notifications' tabs. Scroll to the bottom and hit edit and add 'Find My Friends' if it isn't already. Now when you view the today tab it will use your friendly names for your contact.